Install Floor Tiles The Right Way in 3 Simple Steps
When it comes to a home remodeling project, the bathroom is often the first place to be renovated. As it is used daily, it easily and quickly sustains wear and tear, which is why it is such a good idea to give your bathroom a major overhaul.
As far as bathroom renovation is concerned, a tile installation can be your best bet. However, you have to ensure two things—quality materials and proper installation to get the best out of the space. Fret not, as we’ve rounded up some practical steps on how to install floor tile in a bathroom.
How to Install Floor Tiles in Your Bathroom
Here’s our guide on how to install floor tiles in your bathroom:
1. Pre-installation process
Before the actual installation, you have to know what you want to achieve out of your existing bathroom. Along with this is to do your homework and look for the right materials. Take note of the following:
- Shop around for tiles from various suppliers: Start by searching online or getting recommendations from neighbors, friends, or colleagues. Once you have a list of suppliers, obtain multiple quotes from them to have various tile options.
- Pick your preferred floor tiles: Take a look at your existing bathroom and think of tile ideas that will work for you. Consider the shapes and sizes, as well as styles and designs that complement your bathroom. From there, you can decide on the most appropriate floor tiles.
- Prepare your tools and supplies: Don’t forget the things you need for the actual installation, such as cutting tools, masks, and kneepads, among others. Be sure to prepare them so that they are readily available for use.
2. Actual installation
Keep in mind that the actual tile installation takes at least two days to complete. But this will still depend on the bathroom size, type of tiles, and what you want to achieve. Here’s how to pull off the tile installation project:
- Clear the area: Start by removing the various fixtures in your bathroom, such as the toilet, vanity, and baseboards, among other things. Be sure to also clean the floor and get rid of any clutter.
- Sort the designs: Arrange the tiles on your bathroom floors by starting in the middle of the floor and work outwards until everything is covered. Once done with the layout, mark the edges by drawing chalk lines for your guide.
- Lay the floor tiles: You can now apply a thin-set to the floor—the glue meant to hold the tiles down. Do so with caution and precision so that you won’t waste any material!
- Spread the grout: Press it into the cracks between tiles. Once settled, be sure to wash the excess off of the tiles using a wet sponge.
Here at Design Miter Tile, we provide tile contractor services in San Jose, CA, from tile installation to tile repairs. Our experts are more than willing to help you with your tile flooring needs!
Once done with the actual tile installation, you must take the following key steps to complete the project:
- Have a finish: Be sure to install a transition strip where the tile meets the flooring outside the room.
- Reinstall fixtures: Reinstall the toilet, sink, and baseboards, where they must be positioned. Just make sure they are all stable and sturdy.
- Clean the area: Cap off the installation job by cleaning the entire space, keeping it sparkling bright and completely clean.
Renovating your bathrooms and learning how to install floor tiles is such a great idea in transforming this frequently used part of your house. However, you have to make it work by following the steps outlined above in order to properly install floor tiles in your bathroom. If this process is difficult for you, the best option is to hire a trusted tile installer or tile contractor and work with the experts to ensure a successful tile installation that will take your bathroom up a notch!
Are you looking to have a bathroom remodeling project in San Jose, CA? Kick-off your project by installing floor tiles! With experienced tile contractors, we can help you transform your bathroom and offer kitchen remodel and other home services. Get in touch with us today for a free estimate!
Read this article on Blogger.com